I have to admit that Twitter idea grows on me. Not for sharing my precious thoughts but for informing customers. In staff room I've seen a flyer "Library will be closed on Australia Day". That's the kind of information that I think libraries could use Twitter for. Important notification but short enough to express it with 140 characters. And people can receive it straight on their phones.
8 comments:
Yes Twitter is to the point which is good! The library could also use it for opening/closing hours over Christmas, New Year and Easter breaks!
yes a good use for twitter.
I agree, important announcements could be made via Twitter. It seems like no matter how many posters and notifications we put out, there are still so many people who miss them, perhaps if a library twitter account really takes off, it could come in handy.
Twitter definitely has a place for use by Libraries.
Twitter could also be used for feedback on the library's programmes or to announce that there are no more places available.
Twitter could also be used for feedback on the library's programmes or to announce that there are no more places available.
Twitter could also be used to announce library programmes that have places available.
Important information would be a good use of twitter.
Post a Comment