First of all I would like to know if there is anybody who managed to discover and explore Delicious and LibraryThing in prescribed 15 minutes. It took me much longer than that but am quite satisfied with results. There is not much left to say about LibraryThing as our library already uses it. Handy tool, should be more promoted to librarians. I found Delicious even more useful as I often end up marking pages and pages that are relevant to whatever I am doing. Sifting through all saved pages until I find what it was that I marked the page for is very time consuming. Tagging in Delicious makes the whole process more efficient and, hopefully, will prevent any wandering off to something else - interesting but not related to the search.
Creating account with Yahoo was not to my liking. Again, I was asked for the date of birth and also for the postcode. What's next? Shoe size?! Favoured ice cream flavour?!
I've added this picture of clouded leopard cub because I think it's incredibly cute and because every picture says a thousand words. That pretty much covers all words for the rest of my posts!
3 comments:
15 minutes?! No, it took me the best part of an afternoon and evening! I agree with your comments about having to keep providing your info to set up these sites, quite reluctant but hopefully quite safe??? Have been transferring some of my 'Favourites' to Delicious - much more useful way to find things!
I didn't find it that easy either, if you can do it in 15 minutes then you have either used it before or very clever, none of the above for me.
just a comment - each week's course is designed to fit into 15 minutes per day equalling 1 and 3/4 hours per week.
Of course each section can take much longer, especially if you are interesting in the service or topic - the Internet is one of the biggest time-sucks we've ever invented.
Post a Comment