Sunday, January 16, 2011

Online video

I don't think that I can find another hundred words... I'll embed the video, comment tomorrow...



Now is tomorrow, as promissed post follows!
Youtube is absolutely wonderful tool. Whatever it is that you are looking for, chances are that you'll find it at Youtube. Less wonderful is that you'll find also about hundred millions things that you are not interested in and don't want to see. Anybody can post their videos and anybody takes that opportunity. Educational videos are great, should be kept away from "entertainment". (Midland swan just accepted me as a friend on FB, yey! Can tick that one off.) Lost my train of thoughts, had a conversation with colleagues about FB. Yes, back to Youtube. Just like Twitter, it satisfies the urge to share all your ideas and thoughts with others.
In a library we could use it for promotions of different collections. To share events or to teach users how to search catalogue.

6 comments:

Jenni said...

Dylan Moran! Notice you never get to see his shoes!

ruralreader said...

Really enjoyed Dylan Moran, surely thats not true!!

Luba said...

My train of thought sometimes never arrives at the station.

Karyn said...

Enjoyed your choice of online video. I actually know a girl who has an entire bedroom just for her shoes! (Not me, by the way!)

Vanessa M said...

Yay I love Dylan Moran! Great choice.

Kay said...

I really like Youtube also! The idea of using Youtube as a visual teaching aide for library users is great and would appeal to a varied group of library users.