Saturday, February 19, 2011

Podcasts

I've checked my Twitter account, checked on Facebook what's everybody up to, listened to Margaret Atwood interviewed at TOC 2011, watched some funny cats videos... And as I've run out of interesting stuff to do seems like I'll have to finish my Web2.0 course. Podcasts. I can see a very broad use of that media in library. Especially good aspect is that can get downloaded as an RSS feed. Short podcasts would be good for use in a library as they do not exceed the time of attention span. I’ve noticed that everybody likes 60 seconds science - because it is so short and informative. Longer podcasts require more time and better concentration in order to follow them and they can be used for a more in-depth stories. I would like to see/hear oral histories available as podcasts. Catalogued,searchable and part of collection.

1 comment:

Kay said...

I had a similar idea that podcasts could be used as an archival tool to record library events as a means of keeping a historical record for future generations. The idea of recording the oral history of members of the community is a great idea. Let's start recording!